Tunes For Bears To Dance To

Written by Robert Cormier

A book for readers in grades 7 and up reviewed by Melissa

    

I picked up this book because my brother had recommended it to me. I also wanted to see how people have been affected by the Holocaust.

Although the book was very concise, it kept me very engaged and interested. It discusses both the mental and physical effects experienced by victims of the Holocaust in both the past and present. The book made me quite emotional because of its depictions of the various forms of religious based hatred that still occurred within its time period, even though the Holocaust had ended. I found it very saddening that Holocaust survivors still faced hatred.

Overall, I would highly recommend this book to those who are interested in historical events, such as the Holocaust, and for readers (specifically teens) who are interested in more emotional, sincere, and saddening stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment