One of Us is Lying

Written by Karen M. McManus

A book for readers in grades 9 and up reviewed by Emily

    

One of Us is Lying follows a group of four high school students, who are being investigated after the recent, seemingly orchestrated death of their classmate. The four students, who are named Addy, Bronwyn, Nate, and Cooper, were all in detention at the same time as Simon, who suddenly died after drinking a cup of water with traces of peanut oil. To discover who premeditated Simon’s death, they are questioned by authorities and each other. They are also worried that their secrets will be uncovered after a post on Simon’s social media app insinuates that they each have something to hide. 

One of Us Is Lying is one of my favorite books that I have read in the past year. From the unique characters to the suspenseful plotline and dramatic plot twists, I enjoyed every aspect of it. This novel had me on the edge of my seat, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment