Shutter

Written by Laurie Faria Stolarz

A book for readers in grades 9 and up reviewed by Stefanie

    

This book is about how Day Connor, the main character, views her life through the lens of her camera. Thinking the perspective of her camera lens is everything, she views her camera differently than everyone else. She believes that photographs never tell a whole story, and I agree with that. Pictures just show where people are and might show them being happy, but we don't really know what they're actually going through.

When Day crosses paths with Julian, the world she observes and the truths she believes completely change. Julian is not armed and dangerous, but he has escaped from the police. They are searching for him, but his alibis don't add up. So, they believe he's guilty.

Day wants to find out if Julian is innocent or guilty. Later on, she develops feelings for Julian, which confuse her. This leads to things beginning to change.


I read Shutter because I like how it describes how the main character views things. I usually don’t read books or like reading, but this book just kept me hooked. I like mystery and romance, so reading Shutter was so amazing. From Shutter, I learned we can't judge someone if we don't know their entire story. This is shown with Julian, who was being chased by the police and felt like the entire world was against him while he was going through some things.


I would recommend this book to everyone, especially teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment