The Maze Runner

Written by James Dashner

A book for readers in grades 7 and up reviewed by Andielynn

    

The Maze Runner is a dystopian novel where a group of individuals are locked inside the Glade, a prison with four high concrete walls. Outside of the Glade is a giant labyrinth known as the Maze.


When the Glade's walls open up, the people inside, who are known as Gladers, run out to try and escape the Maze. However, there are creatures within the Maze's walls that could attack and instantly kill them. After trial and error from each of the Gladers, they finally sprint to the Maze's exit only to realize they were all just test subjects for an organization.


I really liked reading The Maze Runner because its action and suspense kept me on my toes. I also like that the book has a movie adaptation. The film makes it easier for readers to visualize the book's events. However, I liked the book better because I felt that the movie did not really capture some of the things that the author wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment