H.I.V.E.: The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Written by Mark Walden

A book for readers in grades 6 and up reviewed by Jose

        












Mark Walden’s H.I.V.E.: The Higher Institute of Villainous Education is about Otto Malpense, a thirteen-year-old boy who wakes up on a helicopter flying over an ocean with no recollection of how he got there. He gets taken to a school called the Higher Institute of Villainous Education (or H.I.V.E.) that is hidden in an active volcano. The school is run by Dr. Nero with the purpose of training children to become villains. Rather than remain stuck at H.I.V.E. for six years, Otto soon expresses his desire to escape from the school.

I liked reading H.I.V.E.: The Higher Institute of Villainous Education because it has really compelling characters. The book has good dialogue that perfectly captures each character’s personality. I also liked how it has a detailed plot, which kept me hooked as I continued to read.

Overall, H.I.V.E.: The Higher Institute of Villainous Education is enjoyable and worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment