Ban This Book

Written by Alan Gratz

A book for readers in grades 4 and up reviewed by Mia

        




















In Ban This Book, Amy Anne Ollinger loves checking out her favorite book at the school library. This book is From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. But, when she goes to the library, she realizes that it's not there! Amy Anne goes to the librarian (who she knows really well) to see if someone else took the book out, which never happens. Next, Amy Anne finds out that it was banned because someone thought it encouraged kids to run away from home. Afterwards, Amy Anne starts a secret library in her locker containing banned books.

Ban This Book is my absolute favorite book. First and foremost, I love how Amy Anne was determined to allow everyone to read whatever they wanted. I also love how Amy Anne loves reading. I like reading books where the main character loves to read just like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment